Obviously prices will vary by location, but this weeks meals are very cheap and easy, none the less.
We’ve been on vacation for a week and don’t have a ton of stuff in our fridge. I haven’t been on a huge grocery shopping spree since our return, but did pick up a few things like milk at a dollar store just up the road so that we could have supper this week. I have tons laundry and house work to catch up on and wanted to keep it simple. Usually if I get “burnt out” throughout the week, I resort to going out to eat, which is much more costly.
These meals fed me, my husband, and our two year old. Occasionally we have leftovers that Allie Beth and I eat for lunch the following day!
Monday: Fried Hotdogs, Baked Beans, French Fries, Macaroni and Cheese
Tuesday: Cheeseburgers, Leftover Baked Beans, Corn
Wenesday: Frozen Pizza and Corn
Thursday: Pork Chops, Instant Mashed Potatoes, Pintos with Ham
Friday: Hamburger Steak and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Leftover Pintos
- Pack of Hotdogs $0.97
- 28 oz Bush’s Baked Beans $1.98
- Bag of Great Value Fries $1.68
- Macaroni and Cheese in a box $0.50
- Hamburger Buns $0.98
- Hamburger Meat (2 lbs) $9.58 (depending on the size of your family, you may be able to go with even less hamburger to cut cost)
- Bag of Frozen Corn (2) $2.00
- Frozen Pizza $2.48 (Sam’s Choice Pizzas at Walmart are only 2.48 and pretty yummy. Add a side and it’s big enough for everyone)
- Pork Chops $5.00
- Pack of Instant Potatoes (2) $1.94
- Pack of Dry Pinto Beans $2.56
- Bits ‘n Pieces of Country Ham $2.14
- Oil $2.38
- Milk (quart) $1.78
- Butter (Blue Bonnet Vegetable Oil Spread) $0.98
- Salt and Pepper $1.84
- Cheese $2.00
- Onion powder $1.00
- Garlic Salt $1.00
- Flour $2.56
Assuming that you may already have oil, milk, butter, salt, pepper, cheese, onion powder, garlic salt, and flour, you could have weeknight meals for around $31.81. If you do need to start from scratch and buy everything, your total would come to around 45.35.
Now, I know this isn’t the healthiest of weeks, but it is a week of quick, yummy meals that everyone from “meat and tators” daddy to your pickiest of eaters will be excited about. And of course mom is excited to have super done quick, cheap, and with few dishes to wash after. What are your favorite cheap and easy meals?